APPLY FOR BUSINESS MODULES THIS NOVEMBER
Between August and November 2018, Fashion Council Germany and the Berlin Senate Department for Economics, Energy and Business have offered the FCG Seminars: a series of workshops for emerging, Berlin-based designers, to further their education and help successfully grow their businesses.
Held in the FCG Showroom at Bikini Berlin, the designers, with companies between three to fifteen years old, learn about various aspects of running a fashion business – from collection and budget planning, implementing diverse marketing strategies down to filing tax returns – with top-class mentors from across the industry, handpicked by Sourcebook, the organisers and curators of the Seminars.
Split into modules in Marketing, Production, Distribution, Legals and Business, the mentors share their invaluable insights and expertise through lectures, group discussions and one on one meetings. Mentors have so far included the likes of digital communication and social media strategist Matthias Schmid, creative director and design consultant Florian Dengler, and business/brand developer Simon Angel.
The engaging and intimate atmosphere, with groups of no larger than 20, mean that participants receive personalised mentorship on top of the extensive, practical knowledge, tips, tricks and strategies. Participants not only get to connect with the mentors but also their fellow Berlin designers, with a chance to socialise, exchange ideas and even instigate new collaborations over lunch. Find out more about it here.
For November, the last of the FCG Seminars in 2018 will focus on Business – see below for details of the topics covered and a link to the application form.
24th November 2018
- Business Development: Growth & change strategies for fashion companies lecture, Q&A and 1-to-1 meetings with Sandra Volz of FCC Karrierefabrik
- Leadership & Management: Corporate governance and management methods for fashion companies expert dialogue and Q&A with Oliver Janik of DDB Group Germany and Sourcebook CEO Marte Hentschel
- Risk Management: Cultural Appropriation, Diversity, Gender Equality, Political Correctness lecture and Q&A with Andrea Bury of Abury
25th November 2018
- Operations: Management Methods for Fashion Companies with Prof. Oliver MacConnell, head of the Fashion Management course at bbw Hochschule in Berlin and founder of the Fashion Practice Academy Berlin
- Team building & personnel management: HR basics with veteran business economist Tanja Ruschak
- Controlling & Financial Planning: Important Building Blocks of Management with Prof. Uwe Demele, head of the international Master’s programme Sustainability in Fashion and Creative Industries at AMD Berlin
28th November 2018
- Financing: for fashion companies lecture, Q&A and 1-to-1 meetings with Christian Graggaber of Showroom.de
- Investor Readiness: Preparing and pitching investor presentations lecture and Q&A with Dennis Robers of Boldt & Robers
- Fundraising: Subsidies for fashion entrepreneurs lecture and Q&A with Melanie Seifart of Kulturprojekte Berlin & Julia Krüger of Berlin Partner
To take part in any of the Seminars above please fill out this application form; successful applicants will be notified by email. Please note that a 25 EUR participation fee will be charged on site and that the Seminars will take place in German.